Saturday 21 August 2010

Bodyshop Lip & Cheek Stain - InStyle Magazine

Ok, I am cheating slightly over the next few weeks as I have roped in a guest writer. Well, lets give a warm welcome to Lisa!
(she will kill me for putting this up...)


Lisa and I have been friends for about 3-4 years and I clearly remember one of the very first things I said to her... "you have amazing skin, what foundation do you use?" I hold Lisa solely responsible for my addiction to QVC as it turned out what she was wearing that day was Bare Minerals!

Anyway! This will hopefully be the first of many for Lisa doing a guest spot! Hope you enjoy! x



*******************************



Hey I’m Lisa. I’m obsessed with beauty products. But that’s okay, ‘cos so is Amanda.....


Mrs McLennan asked me if I’d like to provide a couple of blog posts she could use whist she’s off on her very glamorous and extravagant honeymoon and of course I leapt at the chance. Well, I say leapt, actually I panicked a bit, as Amanda has big shoes to fill - but very pretty shoes with killer heels ;-) Anyway, I’ve had a think about my current favourite product and done a wee review for you. Hope this helps to ease the pain of Amanda’s absence ever so slightly. So here they come ladies...

Bodyshop Cheek and Lip Stain & InStyle Magazine

This was an awesome freebie from InStyle magazine, September 2010 edition – available right now! It comes in two colours: an iridescent bronze (which was a bit too sparkly for me) and a more traditional deep rose pink, (which I reached for, and would equate with the Benefit 'Benetint'). How do you apply? It’s so easy, you just dot onto your cheeks and then blend up and toward your ear with a finger, or damp sponge. For a seamless finish, I like to blend around the application with my foundation brush, which still has the remaining scraps of foundation on it (top tip from Pixiwoo!)

This product is also excellent if you want to create an extra long lasting cheek colour; simply apply the tint and then once dry layer your regular pinky blush on top (I favour MAC's 'Dolly Mix').

So how does it compare with its famous Benefit counterpart? Well, personally I prefer the consistency of the Body Shop version. It's slightly more gel-like, and much easier to blend as it doesn't dry into your skin so quickly. As with the Benetint it gives a radiant 'lit from within’ pinky flush, but I actually prefer the body shop version in terms of the colour - it just looks a little more natural (not quite so 'beetrooty' if you know what I mean...) . So is it worth a try? Definitely.....it's free (and worth £9.50), and surely you can't say fairer than that :)

2 comments:

  1. Oo, I use that lip/cheek stain too! Have done for years - not so keen on the bronze/sparkly one either. It's a bit eighties on the lips (and not in a cool, chic, retro way...) but quite nice on the cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this free in the magazine too and I must admit I was pleasently suprised at how good it was :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete