Saturday 24 December 2011

Festive Nails - Essie 'A Cut Above'

It's Christmas Eve! The next 3 or 4 days will be a constant merry-go-round of visiting, drinking, eating and general merriment and I always find at this time of year, nails need to scream PARTY but be very low maintenance.

Gorgeous nails (in my book) are one of the ultimate accessories, meaning my outfits can be a bit more low-key, but I still feel a bit glam. I've had this beautiful gem of a polish in my store for about a month, but this is the first time I've tried it out and what better time to start!

DSC_0005

DSC_0008

DSC_0013

DSC_0026

This is 3 coats over bare nails. I was going to put a base colour under but when I tested it out, it looked so pretty & delicate on it's own I decided just to go with it. I'm surprised at how smooth it has dried and I haven't bothered with a top coat. The best thing is if it chips slightly over the next few days, it will be disguised and I can get through the party season without fretting!

DSC_0017

DSC_0018

5 comments: