Thursday 1 March 2012

Clarins Ever Matte Foundation & Powder


DSC_0092

The 'Ever Matte' foundation is a new offering from Clarins and I quite simply love it. I got sent a tube (? bottle? I'm not sure what to call this packaging?) a few weeks ago, around the same time I discovered Chanel Perfection Lumier. I discarded this to the 'test later' drawer in favour of my new discovery from Chanel & didn't really give it a second thought. I eventually pulled it out & gave it a go. I was blown away by how lovely it is and I've used it every day since. I've actually been & purchased 2 other bottles/tubes so I have a nice range of shades.

DSC_0094

Here's what Clarins say...

The perfect shine-control, balancing foundation for women looking for matte skin in any circumstance. Its plant-based "Skin Detox" complex regulates production of sebum and tightens pores. The fluid, lightweight texture perfectly melts into the skin, allowing it to breathe without any drying effect. The complexion is enhanced with an imperceptible matte veil which remains flawless from morning to night.

As usual, there's guff about tightening pores & other science-bothering info, but for once I agree with most of what's said. It is oil-free, but is not powdery or drying & therefore would be suitable for almost any skin. If your skin is nearing the extreme dry end of the scale, I'd suggest giving it a miss, but anything else - this will give you a lovely, medium-full coverage, that still manages to look like skin.

The other amazing 'plus' is the fact it does last from morning to night. In fact, I tweeted the other day...

"had such a good hair & makeup day today. love when that happens. plus Clarins' Ever Matte foundation is the SH*T"

The other product pictured is the Mineral Powder Compact, which is delightful. It has a sublime fresh scent; like sweet cucumbers. I suck at describing things. But trust me, these products are seriously worth checking out, even if your skin is normal. Do. It.

DSC_0099

DSC_0103

Artificial Light Natural Light
S1890038 S1890029

The foundation is available at counters for £24 and the powder is available for £25

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to go and buy this tomorrow! Have dyed my hair from blonde to dark brown so will need a whole new make up bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this now..I love the Pro Lumiere for my Bridal Kit but this one sounds even better...My purse is not gonna be happy...xxx
    http://fairydustmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have them both and I love them, they are so great products!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I had a sample of this and I liked it but I found it needed reapplied as looked a bit tired about halfway through the day?

    ReplyDelete

  6. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "You are awesome <3

    ReplyDelete