Saturday 19 February 2011

Japonesque Palette

I'm a huge fan of de-potting and decanting products into compacts and palettes. It makes my life much easier when travelling with my kit and is just generally a much more organised and convenient way of storing products.

I had been lusting after this Japonesque palette for months & months and finally picked it up from Guru Makeup Emporium at the IMATS in January. So far, I've de-potted most of my MAC lippies. I still have cream colour bases & other non-MAC lipsticks to go. It's a fairly messy & laborious process and requires a good few hours of time, which is why I'm only half way through!

I don't do this for my own lipsticks - I'm too much of a packaging lover to do that, especially with lipsticks from Estee Lauder or YSL! I'd never do that to them!

4 comments:

  1. Want to get one of those Japonesque palettes for myself too! Especially after Lisa Eldridge's video

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i have one of those and i love it havnt really had the time to sort through all my lippys and fill it up yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i want one. So much better for travelling.Is there any way of labeling them though so you know which colour is which?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicolette, yes after I took these pics, I bought a black sharpie and just wrote on the plastic divider x

    ReplyDelete